- Submission details:
- Submission received: 1 February 2008, 15:51:39
- Processing time: 3 min 10 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0xE0B524EF4D3C1606AF09F949963AE826
- Filesize: 97,792 bytes
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Communication with a remote IRC server.|
|Downloads/requests other files from Internet.|
|Creates a startup registry entry.|
|Contains characteristics of an identified security risk.|
|Possible Security Risk|
- Attention! The following threat category was identified:
||A malicious trojan horse or bot that may represent security risk for the compromised system and/or its network environment
|File System Modifications|
- The following file was created in the system:
|#||Filename(s)||File Size||File Hash|
[file and pathname of the sample #1]
- %System% is a variable that refers to the System folder. By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\Winnt\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).
- There were new processes created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||8,192 bytes|
- The newly created Registry Value is:
- Windows Internet Browser Services = "internet64.exe"
so that internet64.exe runs every time Windows starts
- To mark the presence in the system, the following Mutex object was created:
- The following ports were open in the system:
- The following Host Name was requested from a host database:
- There was registered attempt to establish connection with the remote host. The connection details are:
|Remote Host||Port Number|
- The following Internet Connection was established:
|Server Name||Server Port||Connect as User||Connection Password|
|Outbound traffic (potentially malicious)|
- Attention! There was a new connection established with a remote IRC Server. The generated outbound IRC traffic is provided below:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2013 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.