- Submission details:
- Submission received: 30 April 2012, 02:32:20
- Processing time: 9 min 43 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0xD7C4612DB2F78D72146C32AC56B8C8DC
- File SHA-1: 0xFAEC9153D6DCC1AC57E4AB004EC126FC6DEA0BDE
- Filesize: 1,308,160 bytes
- Alias: Backdoor.Trojan [Symantec]
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Downloads/requests other files from Internet.|
|Creates a startup registry entry.|
|Contains characteristics of an identified security risk.|
|Possible Security Risk|
- Attention! The following threat category was identified:
||A malicious backdoor trojan that runs in the background and allows remote access to the compromised system
|File System Modifications|
- The following file was created in the system:
|#||Filename(s)||File Size||File Hash||Alias|
[file and pathname of the sample #1]
- %AppData% is a variable that refers to the file system directory that serves as a common repository for application-specific data. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data.
- The following directory was created:
- There were new processes created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||819,200 bytes|
- There were new memory pages created in the address space of the system process(es):
|Process Name||Process Filename||Allocated Size|
- The following Registry Keys were created:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION
- The newly created Registry Values are:
- Googlemap = "%AppData%\Google\GoogleHandle.exe"
so that GoogleHandle.exe runs every time Windows starts
- [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]
- [filename of the sample #1] = 0x000022B8
- HPUpdate = "%AppData%\Microsoft\igfxpers.exe"
so that igfxpers.exe runs every time Windows starts
- The following Registry Value was deleted:
- (Default) = "%SystemRoot%\media\Windows XP Start.wav"
- Analysis of the file resources indicate the following possible country of origin:
- The following ports were open in the system:
|1050||UDP||[file and pathname of the sample #1]|
|1053||TCP||[file and pathname of the sample #1]|
|1054||TCP||[file and pathname of the sample #1]|
|1059||TCP||[file and pathname of the sample #1]|
|1061||TCP||[file and pathname of the sample #1]|
|1062||TCP||[file and pathname of the sample #1]|
- There were registered attempts to establish connection with the remote hosts. The connection details are:
|Remote Host||Port Number|
- The data identified by the following URLs was then requested from the remote web server:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2014 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.