- Submission details:
- Submission received: 11 October 2017, 13:33:25
- Processing time: 7 min 19 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0xD76E7388027AE31417A517BD25599DD2
- File SHA-1: 0xCCAAADBF95514476237E1A3C415888888751157B
- Filesize: 707,072 bytes
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Produces outbound traffic.|
|Modifies some system settings that may have negative impact on overall system security state.|
|Creates a startup registry entry.|
- The new window was created, as shown below:
NOTICE: The content shown in the above window is captured automatically and is not controlled or endorsed by ThreatExpert.
Please contact us on this link should any material be offensive or inappropriate and we will ensure any such content is blocked from future viewers of the report.
|File System Modifications|
- The following file was created in the system:
|#||Filename(s)||File Size||File Hash||Alias|
[file and pathname of the sample #1]
|Generic BackDoor.xa [McAfee]
- %Temp% is a variable that refers to the temporary folder in the short path form. By default, this is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Temp\ (Windows NT/2000/XP).
- The following directories were created:
- %AppData% is a variable that refers to the file system directory that serves as a common repository for application-specific data. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data.
- There was a new process created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||761,856 bytes|
- The following Registry Keys were created:
- The newly created Registry Values are:
- DisableTaskMgr = 0x00000001
- DisableRegistryTools = 0x00000001
to prevent users from starting Task Manager (Taskmgr.exe)
to disable the Windows registry editors (Regedt32.exe and Regedit.exe)
- AG-Program = "%Temp%\MSDCSC\ag.exe"
so that ag.exe runs every time Windows starts
- The following Registry Value was modified:
- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
- Analysis of the file resources indicate the following possible country of origin:
- To mark the presence in the system, the following Mutex object was created:
- The following Host Name was requested from a host database:
- There was registered attempt to establish connection with the remote host. The connection details are:
|Remote Host||Port Number|
- There was application-defined hook procedure installed into the hook chain (e.g. to monitor keystrokes). The installed hook is handled by the following module:
|Outbound traffic (potentially malicious)|
- There was an outbound traffic produced on port 1604:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2017 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.