- Submission details:
- Submission received: 26 February 2018, 21:50:36
- Processing time: 5 min 25 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0xD537ACB8F56A1CE206BC35CF8FF959C0
- File SHA-1: 0x0BB491F62B77DF737801B9AB0FD14FA12D43D254
- Filesize: 7,168 bytes
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Produces outbound traffic.|
|Creates a startup registry entry.|
|Contains characteristics of an identified security risk.|
|Possible Security Risk|
- Attention! The following threat category was identified:
||A malicious backdoor trojan that runs in the background and allows remote access to the compromised system
- There were new processes created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||7,168 bytes|
- %System% is a variable that refers to the System folder. By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\Winnt\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).
- The newly created Registry Value is:
- VideoDriver = "%System%\vmx32to64.exe"
so that %System%\vmx32to64.exe runs every time Windows starts
- To mark the presence in the system, the following Mutex object was created:
- The following ports were open in the system:
|1033||TCP||[file and pathname of the sample #1]|
- The following Host Name was requested from a host database:
- There was registered attempt to establish connection with the remote host. The connection details are:
|Remote Host||Port Number|
|Outbound traffic (potentially malicious)|
- There was an outbound traffic produced on port 443:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2018 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.