- Submission details:
- Submission received: 10 October 2017, 14:10:36
- Processing time: 6 min 21 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0xC2E5883DB76A705B2C9A413EC770C49F
- File SHA-1: 0x0AEDF2041A588F16EE20C071DC16A6A931CF61BA
- Filesize: 128,000 bytes
- Alias: Trojan:Win32/Startpage.gen!A [Microsoft]
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Hosts file modification that may block access to the security web sites.|
|Downloads/requests other files from Internet.|
|Creates a startup registry entry.|
|File System Modifications|
- The following files were created in the system:
|#||Filename(s)||File Size||File Hash||Alias|
[file and pathname of the sample #1]
- %DesktopDir% is a variable that refers to the file system directory used to physically store file objects on the desktop. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Desktop.
- %StartMenu% is a variable that refers to the file system directory containing Start menu items. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Start Menu.
- The following files were modified:
- %Programs%\Internet Explorer.lnk
- %Programs% is a variable that refers to the file system directory that contains the user's program groups. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Start Menu\Programs.
- %System% is a variable that refers to the System folder. By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\Winnt\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).
- There was a new process created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||159,744 bytes|
- The newly created Registry Value is:
- svchost = "[file and pathname of the sample #1]"
so that [file and pathname of the sample #1] runs every time Windows starts
- The following Registry Value was modified:
- [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
- Analysis of the file resources indicate the following possible country of origin:
- To mark the presence in the system, the following Mutex objects were created:
- The following port was open in the system:
|1038||TCP||[file and pathname of the sample #1]|
- The HOSTS file was updated with the following URL-to-IP mapping:
- The following Host Name was requested from a host database:
- There was registered attempt to establish connection with the remote host. The connection details are:
|Remote Host||Port Number|
- The following Internet Connection was established:
|Server Name||Server Port||Connect as User||Connection Password|
- The following GET requests were made:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2017 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.