- Submission details:
- Submission received: 30 December 2017, 23:32:41
- Processing time: 5 min 33 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0xB7B819B23740A3FB3199D172806FE4D0
- File SHA-1: 0xA1FBE8DCEFCDE503F2B552D57FFEEFC874AB4280
- Filesize: 1,150,464 bytes
- Alias & packer info:
- Backdoor.Win32.DarkKomet.eku [Kaspersky Lab]
- Generic BackDoor.yl [McAfee]
- Backdoor:Win32/Fynloski.A [Microsoft]
- Backdoor.Win32.Fynloski [Ikarus]
- packed with: MPRESS [Kaspersky Lab]
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Produces outbound traffic.|
|Contains characteristics of an identified security risk.|
|Possible Security Risk|
- Attention! The following threat category was identified:
||A malicious backdoor trojan that runs in the background and allows remote access to the compromised system
- There was a new process created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||2,113,536 bytes|
- The following Registry Key was created:
- The newly created Registry Value is:
- WindowsUpdate = "%Temp%\win32.exe"
- The following Registry Value was modified:
- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
- To mark the presence in the system, the following Mutex object was created:
- The following Host Name was requested from a host database:
- There was registered attempt to establish connection with the remote host. The connection details are:
|Remote Host||Port Number|
- There was application-defined hook procedure installed into the hook chain (e.g. to monitor keystrokes). The installed hook is handled by the following module:
- %Temp% is a variable that refers to the temporary folder in the short path form. By default, this is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Temp\ (Windows NT/2000/XP).
|Outbound traffic (potentially malicious)|
- There was an outbound traffic produced on port 1604:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2018 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.