- Submission details:
- Submission received: 11 September 2012, 09:02:44
- Processing time: 13 min 59 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0xB13B183B7BA0393BCA9F88869325E999
- File SHA-1: 0x6CF1BE0C5829784FBD580EC19543EF7A48C52A59
- Filesize: 423,936 bytes
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Downloads/requests other files from Internet.|
|File System Modifications|
- The following files were created in the system:
|#||Filename(s)||File Size||File Hash||Alias|
%DesktopDir%\Live Security Platinum.lnk
%Programs%\Live Security Platinum\Live Security Platinum.lnk
[file and pathname of the sample #1]
|Trojan-FakeAV.Win32.SmartFortress2012.pcq [Kaspersky Lab]
- %DesktopDir% is a variable that refers to the file system directory used to physically store file objects on the desktop. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Desktop.
- %Programs% is a variable that refers to the file system directory that contains the user's program groups. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Start Menu\Programs.
- The following directory was created:
- %Programs%\Live Security Platinum
- There was a new process created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||1,314,816 bytes|
- The following Registry Keys were created:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Live Security Platinum
- The newly created Registry Values are:
- 6F638C1AFE83369885976898E56C3425 = "%CommonAppData%\6F638C1AFE83369885976898E56C3425\6F638C1AFE83369885976898E56C3425.exe"
- [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Live Security Platinum]
- DisplayName = "Live Security Platinum"
- ShortcutPath = ""%CommonAppData%\6F638C1AFE83369885976898E56C3425\6F638C1AFE83369885976898E56C3425.exe" -u"
- UninstallString = ""%CommonAppData%\6F638C1AFE83369885976898E56C3425\6F638C1AFE83369885976898E56C3425.exe" -u"
- DisplayIcon = "%CommonAppData%\6F638C1AFE83369885976898E56C3425\6F638C1AFE83369885976898E56C3425.ico,0"
- Analysis of the file resources indicate the following possible country of origin:
- To mark the presence in the system, the following Mutex object was created:
- There was registered attempt to establish connection with the remote host. The connection details are:
|Remote Host||Port Number|
- The following HTTP URL was started reading:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2013 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.