- Submission details:
- Submission received: 7 November 2017, 16:51:03
- Processing time: 5 min 41 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0xAB2C5D3C4BD6615301A767B9FE9046DF
- File SHA-1: 0x44527FAD52F84A7109744BCDFCE545C9DC60FA8F
- Filesize: 77,824 bytes
- W32.Changeup!gen20 [Symantec]
- Worm.Win32.VBNA.bala [Kaspersky Lab]
- Generic Downloader.pr [McAfee]
- Worm:Win32/Vobfus.gen!W [Microsoft]
- Worm.Win32.Vobfus [Ikarus]
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Modifies some system settings that may have negative impact on overall system security state.|
|Creates a startup registry entry.|
|Contains characteristics of an identified security risk.|
|Possible Security Risk|
- Attention! The following threat category was identified:
||A network-aware worm that attempts to replicate across the existing network(s)
- There were new processes created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||81,920 bytes|
- %UserProfile% is a variable that specifies the current user's profile folder. By default, this is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName] (Windows NT/2000/XP).
- The following Registry Keys were created:
- The newly created Registry Values are:
- NoAutoUpdate = 0x00000001
to disable automatic Windows Updates
- muefe = "%UserProfile%\muefe.exe /r"
so that %UserProfile%\muefe.exe runs every time Windows starts
- To mark the presence in the system, the following Mutex object was created:
- The following port was open in the system:
|1033||TCP||[file and pathname of the sample #1]|
- The following Host Name was requested from a host database:
- There was registered attempt to establish connection with the remote host. The connection details are:
|Remote Host||Port Number|
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2018 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.