- Submission details:
- Submission received: 17 April 2013, 09:36:36
- Processing time: 8 min 52 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0xA4D35356C493D117AFF652493B64D809
- File SHA-1: 0x9F5ABE4E81DF5AAE6915F7958591F6B8646CFA68
- Filesize: 133,632 bytes
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Creates a startup registry entry.|
|File System Modifications|
- The following file was created in the system:
|#||Filename(s)||File Size||File Hash|
[file and pathname of the sample #1]
- %AppData% is a variable that refers to the file system directory that serves as a common repository for application-specific data. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data.
- The following files were modified:
- %Windir% is a variable that refers to the Windows installation folder. By default, this is C:\Windows or C:\Winnt.
- There were new processes created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||319,488 bytes|
- There was a new memory page created in the address space of the system process(es):
- %System% is a variable that refers to the System folder. By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\Winnt\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).
- The following system service was modified:
|Service Name||Display Name||New Status||Service Filename|
|stisvc||Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)||"Running"||%System%\svchost.exe -k imgsvc|
- The following Registry Keys were created:
- The newly created Registry Value is:
- Screen Saver Pro 3.1 = "%AppData%\ScreenSaverPro.scr"
so that ScreenSaverPro.scr runs every time Windows starts
- The following Registry Values were modified:
- Analysis of the file resources indicate the following possible country of origin:
||United Arab Emirates|
- To mark the presence in the system, the following Mutex object was created:
- The following Host Name was requested from a host database:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2014 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.