- Submission details:
- Submission received: 16 February 2008, 02:00:31
- Processing time: 3 min 12 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0x938AFD4B705D5077E8930CE15FCDC8C9
- Filesize: 159,264 bytes
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Downloads/requests other files from Internet.|
|Creates a startup registry entry.|
|Contains characteristics of an identified security risk.|
|Possible Security Risk|
- Attention! Characteristics of the following security risks were identified in the system:
||RogueAntiSpyware.PCPrivacyTool a Rogue Anti-Spyware product which downloaded and installed without the users consent.
||Adware.LeosrvBar normally arrives on a system as a downloaded component of another malware. It is registered as a browser toolbar and attempts to persuade users into buying rogue antispyware products.
- Attention! The following threat category was identified:
||A program that downloads files to the local computer that may represent security risk
|File System Modifications|
- The following files were created in the system:
|#||Filename(s)||File Size||File Hash||Alias|
%DesktopDir%\Install PCPrivacyTool .lnk
[file and pathname of the sample #1]
not-a-virus:Downloader.Win32.WinFixer.z [Kaspersky Lab]
- %DesktopDir% is a variable that refers to the file system directory used to physically store file objects on the desktop. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Desktop.
- %Temp% is a variable that refers to the temporary folder in the short path form. By default, this is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Temp\ (Windows NT/2000/XP).
- The following directory was created:
- There was a new process created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||184,320 bytes|
- The following Registry Key was created:
- The newly created Registry Values are:
- NI.GDC_0001_N111C1909 = ""[file and pathname of the sample #1]" -nag "
so that [file and pathname of the sample #1] runs every time Windows starts
- EulGDC_0001_N111C1909 = 0x00000001
- Analysis of the file resources indicate the following possible country of origin:
- To mark the presence in the system, the following Mutex objects were created:
- The following Host Name was requested from a host database:
- The following Internet Connections were established:
|Server Name||Server Port||Connect as User||Connection Password|
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2013 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.