- Submission details:
- Submission received: 14 May 2013, 23:23:44
- Processing time: 6 min 36 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0x8F850326D1302803A95722D77C75A1B7
- File SHA-1: 0xA045333E48C29593CF6AE4BD9302D90A25A62157
- Filesize: 1,536,422 bytes
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Is protected with Themida in order to prevent the sample from being reverse-engineered. Themida protection can potentially be used by a threat to complicate the manual threat analysis (e.g. the sample would not run under the Virtual Machine).|
- There were new processes created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|Gunny Fire.exe||%Temp%\gunny fire.exe||2,363,392 bytes|
|GunnyFire Client.exe||%Temp%\GF_Data\GunnyFire Client.exe||114,688 bytes|
- %Temp% is a variable that refers to the temporary folder in the short path form. By default, this is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Temp\ (Windows NT/2000/XP).
- The following module was loaded into the address space of other process(es):
|Module Name||Module Filename||Address Space Details|
|MSWINSCK.OCX||%Temp%\MSWINSCK.OCX||Process name: [generic host process]|
Process filename: [generic host process filename]
Address space: 0x22170000 - 0x2218C000
- [generic host process filename] is a full path filename of [generic host process].
- The following Registry Value was deleted:
- InprocServer32 = "IW[F9`$@Q?NcrI3z%N[,>`NTP6lYuf(laaqF-Q9q."
- The following Registry Values were modified:
- There was application-defined hook procedure installed into the hook chain (e.g. to monitor keystrokes). The installed hook is handled by the following module:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2015 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.