- Submission details:
- Submission received: 1 August 2012, 03:15:26
- Processing time: 9 min 38 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0x6986A049624884A7E1191C7DAC5918B2
- File SHA-1: 0xC56FFE415853DEA57BFD7C1C34B2E706BE1ABC11
- Filesize: 380,928 bytes
- Alias: Virus.Win32.Virut [Ikarus]
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Creates a startup registry entry.|
- The new window was created, as shown below:
NOTICE: The content shown in the above window is captured automatically and is not controlled or endorsed by ThreatExpert.
Please contact us on this link should any material be offensive or inappropriate and we will ensure any such content is blocked from future viewers of the report.
|File System Modifications|
- The following file was created in the system:
|#||Filename(s)||File Size||File Hash||Alias|
[file and pathname of the sample #1]
- The following directories were deleted:
- %Profiles%\Default User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
- %Profiles% is a variable that refers to the file system directory containing user profile folders. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings.
- %Temp% is a variable that refers to the temporary folder in the short path form. By default, this is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Temp\ (Windows NT/2000/XP).
- There was a new process created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||425,984 bytes|
- The following Registry Keys were created:
- The newly created Registry Values are:
- CleanUp! = "[file and pathname of the sample #1] /WindowsRestart"
so that [file and pathname of the sample #1] runs every time Windows starts
- File_0 = "%Temp%\Perflib_Perfdata_100.dat"
- File_1 = "%Temp%\~DF1051.tmp"
- File_2 = "%Temp%\~DF1159.tmp"
- File_3 = "%Temp%\~DF1FFD.tmp"
- File_4 = "%Temp%\Perflib_Perfdata_100.dat"
- File_5 = "%Temp%\~DF1051.tmp"
- File_6 = "%Temp%\~DF1159.tmp"
- File_7 = "%Temp%\~DF1FFD.tmp"
- File_8 = "%CookiesDir%\index.dat"
- File_9 = "%UserProfile%\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\index.dat"
- File_10 = "%CookiesDir%\index.dat"
- File_11 = "%LocalSettings%\History\History.IE5\index.dat"
- File_12 = "%Temp%\Perflib_Perfdata_100.dat"
- File_13 = "%Temp%\~DF1051.tmp"
- File_14 = "%Temp%\~DF1159.tmp"
- File_15 = "%Temp%\~DF1FFD.tmp"
- File_16 = "%InternetCache%\Content.IE5\index.dat"
- File_17 = "%Profiles%\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat"
- File_18 = "%Profiles%\LocalService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\index.dat"
- File_19 = "%Profiles%\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat"
- File_20 = "%Profiles%\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat"
- File_21 = "%Profiles%\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat"
- FileCount = 0x00000000
- WorkToBeDone = 0x00000001
- A system request is initiated to shut down all processes and then log the user off.
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2013 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.