- Submission details:
- Submission received: 29 October 2017, 07:46:22
- Processing time: 5 min 30 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0x635D7D7C9518C10B0E5138B945E4060F
- File SHA-1: 0xACEA97763EB03A49CF6DE14F6F975CEC67EC3B17
- Filesize: 8,329 bytes
- Alias & packer info:
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Communication with a remote IRC server.|
|Produces outbound traffic.|
|Downloads/requests other files from Internet.|
|Creates a startup registry entry.|
|Contains characteristics of an identified security risk.|
|Possible Security Risk|
- Attention! The following threat categories were identified:
||A malicious trojan horse or bot that may represent security risk for the compromised system and/or its network environment
||A malicious backdoor trojan that runs in the background and allows remote access to the compromised system
- There were new processes created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||40,960 bytes|
- %Windir% is a variable that refers to the Windows installation folder. By default, this is C:\Windows or C:\Winnt.
- The newly created Registry Value is:
- Update = "%Windir%\qqt.exe"
so that %Windir%\qqt.exe runs every time Windows starts
- The following ports were open in the system:
- The following Host Names were requested from a host database:
- There was registered attempt to establish connection with the remote host. The connection details are:
|Remote Host||Port Number|
- The data identified by the following URL was then requested from the remote web server:
|Outbound traffic (potentially malicious)|
- Attention! There was a new connection established with a remote IRC Server. The generated outbound IRC traffic is provided below:
- There was an outbound traffic produced on port 103:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2017 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.