- Submission details:
- Submission received: 22 September 2012, 06:15:33
- Processing time: 7 min 37 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0x6171D590023BC18F475A07E250C46AD3
- File SHA-1: 0xA7EA1C7B529A29BE0F41AFC789CABAF4B15BAB7E
- Filesize: 195,073 bytes
|File System Modifications|
- The following files were created in the system:
|#||Filename(s)||File Size||File Hash|
- %AppData% is a variable that refers to the file system directory that serves as a common repository for application-specific data. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data.
- %Temp% is a variable that refers to the temporary folder in the short path form. By default, this is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Temp\ (Windows NT/2000/XP).
- The following directory was created:
- There were new processes created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||225,280 bytes|
- The following Registry Keys were created:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media Center
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media Center\FB119394
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media Center\FBDC89D4
- The newly created Registry Value is:
- KB00441600.exe = ""%AppData%\KB00441600.exe""
so that KB00441600.exe runs every time Windows starts
- Analysis of the file resources indicate the following possible country of origin:
- To mark the presence in the system, the following Mutex objects were created:
- The following Host Name was requested from a host database:
- There was registered attempt to establish connection with the remote host. The connection details are:
|Remote Host||Port Number|
- The following Internet Connection was established:
|Server Name||Server Port||Connect as User||Connection Password|
|Outbound traffic (potentially malicious)|
- There was an outbound traffic produced on port 443:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2013 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.