- Submission details:
- Submission received: 16 April 2011, 11:36:42
- Processing time: 8 min 49 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0x616550ADAFAC8441733917A6E75844E6
- File SHA-1: 0x35D3597A3DAA28C659FA3C10E6B06C88E18692DE
- Filesize: 61,440 bytes
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Downloads/requests other files from Internet.|
|Creates a startup registry entry.|
|Contains characteristics of an identified security risk.|
- The new window was created, as shown below:
NOTICE: The content shown in the above window is captured automatically and is not controlled or endorsed by ThreatExpert.
Please contact us on this link should any material be offensive or inappropriate and we will ensure any such content is blocked from future viewers of the report.
|Possible Security Risk|
- Attention! The following threat categories were identified:
||A network-aware worm that attempts to replicate across the existing network(s)
||A malicious trojan horse or bot that may represent security risk for the compromised system and/or its network environment
|File System Modifications|
- The following files were created in the system:
|#||Filename(s)||File Size||File Hash||Alias|
P2P-Worm.Win32.Palevo.bivw [Kaspersky Lab]
- %Temp% is a variable that refers to the temporary folder in the short path form. By default, this is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Temp\ (Windows NT/2000/XP).
- %System% is a variable that refers to the System folder. By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\Winnt\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).
- There was a new process created in the system:
- The newly created Registry Value is:
- [filename of the sample #1 without extension] = "%System%\umdmgr.exe"
- umdmgr = "%System%\umdmgr.exe"
so that umdmgr.exe runs every time Windows starts
- The following Registry Value was modified:
- [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3]
- The following ports were open in the system:
- There were registered attempts to establish connection with the remote hosts. The connection details are:
|Remote Host||Port Number|
- The data identified by the following URLs was then requested from the remote web server:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2013 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.