- Submission details:
- Submission received: 4 December 2017, 09:57:03
- Processing time: 5 min 37 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0x5A75D18AD3A84E144249CCE33C3528F2
- File SHA-1: 0xEDB364DD27C4FE2B9CA145C0FEE697754C1A18A3
- Filesize: 419,840 bytes
- Packer info: packed with: UPX [Kaspersky Lab]
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Communication with a remote IRC server.|
|Creates a startup registry entry.|
|Contains characteristics of an identified security risk.|
|Possible Security Risk|
- Attention! The following threat category was identified:
||A malicious trojan horse or bot that may represent security risk for the compromised system and/or its network environment
|File System Modifications|
- The following file was created in the system:
|#||Filename(s)||File Size||File Hash||Alias|
|packed with UPX [Kaspersky Lab]
- %AppData% is a variable that refers to the file system directory that serves as a common repository for application-specific data. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data.
- There were new processes created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||1,269,760 bytes|
- Attention! The following process was intentionally hidden from the user:
|Process Name||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||114,688 bytes|
- The newly created Registry Value is:
- Rkrnrkfrywvvetpp.exe = ""%AppData%\Rkrnrkfrywvvetpp.exe""
so that Rkrnrkfrywvvetpp.exe runs every time Windows starts
- To mark the presence in the system, the following Mutex object was created:
- The following port was open in the system:
- The following Host Name was requested from a host database:
- There was registered attempt to establish connection with the remote host. The connection details are:
|Remote Host||Port Number|
|Outbound traffic (potentially malicious)|
- Attention! There was a new connection established with a remote IRC Server. The generated outbound IRC traffic is provided below:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2018 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.