- Submission details:
- Submission received: 11 September 2012, 16:19:53
- Processing time: 11 min 49 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0x5055888E45EA74DB4C20AF27592D1D17
- File SHA-1: 0x906D00D9B289A13CBBC27D77C20CE6B49E3DAA9E
- Filesize: 336,016 bytes
- P2P-Worm.Win32.Palevo.cqmm [Kaspersky Lab]
- BackDoor-DVB.gen.w [McAfee]
- Mal/Redos-I [Sophos]
- Backdoor:Win32/Morix.B [Microsoft]
- Win32.SuspectCrc [Ikarus]
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Produces outbound traffic.|
|Contains characteristics of an identified security risk.|
|Possible Security Risk|
- Attention! The following threat category was identified:
||A network-aware worm that attempts to replicate across the existing network(s)
|File System Modifications|
- The following files were created in the system:
|#||Filename(s)||File Size||File Hash||Alias|
[file and pathname of the sample #1]
|P2P-Worm.Win32.Palevo.cqmm [Kaspersky Lab]
- %System% is a variable that refers to the System folder. By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\Winnt\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).
- %Windir% is a variable that refers to the Windows installation folder. By default, this is C:\Windows or C:\Winnt.
- The following file was modified:
- The following directories were created:
- There were new processes created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||348,160 bytes|
- There was a new memory page created in the address space of the system process(es):
- %ProgramFiles% is a variable that refers to the Program Files folder. A typical path is C:\Program Files.
- The following Registry Keys were created:
- The newly created Registry Values are:
- Analysis of the file resources indicate the following possible country of origin:
- To mark the presence in the system, the following Mutex object was created:
- The following Host Name was requested from a host database:
- There was registered attempt to establish connection with the remote host. The connection details are:
|Remote Host||Port Number|
|Outbound traffic (potentially malicious)|
- There was an outbound traffic produced on port 8080:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2013 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.