- Submission details:
- Submission received: 5 September 2012, 19:38:12
- Processing time: 7 min 45 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0x3E6540BA66E4CF8E2B9ACB7FF16DE4E2
- File SHA-1: 0x284FBF9C695192BE2E90E7E8CECC9150204BDFC0
- Filesize: 57,344 bytes
- Mal/MSIL-BI [Sophos]
- TrojanSpy:MSIL/Keylogger.C [Microsoft]
- Backdoor.MSIL [Ikarus]
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Creates a startup registry entry.|
|File System Modifications|
- The following files were created in the system:
|#||Filename(s)||File Size||File Hash||Alias|
[file and pathname of the sample #1]
%Windir%\User Account Control\config\svchost.exe
- %Temp% is a variable that refers to the temporary folder in the short path form. By default, this is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Temp\ (Windows NT/2000/XP).
- %Windir% is a variable that refers to the Windows installation folder. By default, this is C:\Windows or C:\Winnt.
- The following directories were created:
- %Windir%\User Account Control
- %Windir%\User Account Control\config
- The following Registry Key was created:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Windows Firewall
- The newly created Registry Values are:
- Windll32 Drivers = "%Windir%\User Account Control\config\svchost.exe"
so that svchost.exe runs every time Windows starts
- [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Windows Firewall]
- TCP Connection Manager = "l4m4o6yxV4"
- To mark the presence in the system, the following Mutex object was created:
- The following Host Names were requested from a host database:
- There were application-defined hook procedures installed into the hook chain (e.g. to monitor keystrokes). The installed hooks are handled by the following modules:
- %Windir%\User Account Control\config\svchost.exe
- [file and pathname of the sample #1]
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2013 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.