- Submission details:
- Submission received: 4 August 2017, 06:57:52
- Processing time: 5 min 36 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0x3350156B5330AF5EDC6DB8F794EDF8ED
- File SHA-1: 0x11ECCE0CDB48650B60A33EE79B95FBEBCD23C9A1
- Filesize: 90,112 bytes
- Mal/Hupigon-E [Sophos]
- Trojan.Win32.ServStart [Ikarus]
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Replication across networks by exploiting weakly restricted shares (common for Randex family of worms).|
|Produces outbound traffic.|
|Downloads/requests other files from Internet.|
|Creates a startup registry entry.|
|Contains characteristics of an identified security risk.|
|Possible Security Risk|
- Attention! The following threat category was identified:
||A network-aware worm that attempts to replicate across the existing network(s)
- There was a new process created in the system:
- %ProgramFiles% is a variable that refers to the Program Files folder. A typical path is C:\Program Files.
- Attention! The following processes were intentionally hidden from the user:
- The newly created Registry Value is:
- Mask1.0 = "%ProgramFiles%\svchost.exe"
so that %ProgramFiles%\svchost.exe runs every time Windows starts
- To mark the presence in the system, the following Mutex object was created:
- The following port was open in the system:
- The following Host Name was requested from a host database:
- There were registered attempts to establish connection with the remote hosts. The connection details are:
|Remote Host||Port Number|
- The following Internet Connection was established:
|Server Name||Server Port||Connect as User||Connection Password|
|Outbound traffic (potentially malicious)|
- There was an outbound traffic produced on port 3000:
- There was an outbound traffic produced on port 0:
- Heuristically identified capability of spreading across the following weakly restricted network shares:
- The network replication uses a dictionary attack by probing credentials from the following list:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2017 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.