- Submission details:
- Submission received: 18 June 2011, 20:28:52
- Processing time: 12 min 55 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0x2FAEA83D2E8491F9FD81D59B53968155
- File SHA-1: 0xCA36684C127BCD2E8BC5375AC7F570C3DB80BAF6
- Filesize: 367,104 bytes
- Alias & packer info:
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Produces outbound traffic.|
|Modifies some system settings that may have negative impact on overall system security state.|
|Creates a startup registry entry.|
|Contains characteristics of an identified security risk.|
|Possible Security Risk|
- Attention! The following threat category was identified:
||A malicious backdoor trojan that runs in the background and allows remote access to the compromised system
|File System Modifications|
- The following file was created in the system:
|#||Filename(s)||File Size||File Hash||Alias|
[file and pathname of the sample #1]
|Backdoor.Win32.Agent.bjev [Kaspersky Lab]
packed with UPX [Kaspersky Lab]
- %Windir% is a variable that refers to the Windows installation folder. By default, this is C:\Windows or C:\Winnt.
- The following directory was created:
- The following Registry Keys were created:
- The newly created Registry Values are:
- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
- AntiVirusDisableNotify = "1"
- UpdatesDisableNotify = "1"
to disable notification of firewall, antivirus and/or update status through the Windows Security Center
- DisableTaskMgr = 0x00000001
- DisableRegistryTools = 0x00000001
- EnableLUA = 0x00000000
to prevent users from starting Task Manager (Taskmgr.exe)
to disable the Windows registry editors (Regedt32.exe and Regedit.exe)
- winupdater = "%Windir%\Win\winupdate.exe"
so that winupdate.exe runs every time Windows starts
- There was registered attempt to establish connection with the remote host. The connection details are:
|Remote Host||Port Number|
|Outbound traffic (potentially malicious)|
- There was an outbound traffic produced on port 66:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2013 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.