- Submission details:
- Submission received: 11 January 2017, 13:43:39
- Processing time: 5 min 30 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0x1DDD22DA7987719193F3DC6B13C252C5
- File SHA-1: 0xCBD887422ADA1338EEE26D793ADB34DE4344D9A0
- Filesize: 674,304 bytes
- Trojan.Klovbot [Symantec]
- Backdoor.Win32.DarkKomet.eku [Kaspersky Lab]
- Generic BackDoor.xa [McAfee]
- Mal/Behav-058 [Sophos]
- Backdoor:Win32/Fynloski.A [Microsoft]
- Trojan.Win32.CDur [Ikarus]
|What's been found||Severity Level|
|Produces outbound traffic.|
|Modifies some system settings that may have negative impact on overall system security state.|
|Contains characteristics of an identified security risk.|
|Possible Security Risk|
- Attention! The following threat categories were identified:
||A malicious backdoor trojan that runs in the background and allows remote access to the compromised system
||A malicious trojan horse or bot that may represent security risk for the compromised system and/or its network environment
- There were new processes created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||729,088 bytes|
- %MyDocuments% is a variable that refers to the file system directory used to physically store a user's common repository of documents. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\My Documents.
- The following Registry Keys were created:
- The newly created Registry Values are:
- DisableTaskMgr = 0x00000001
- DisableRegistryTools = 0x00000001
to prevent users from starting Task Manager (Taskmgr.exe)
to disable the Windows registry editors (Regedt32.exe and Regedit.exe)
- Update = "%MyDocuments%\Skype\skype.exe"
- The following Registry Value was modified:
- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
- To mark the presence in the system, the following Mutex object was created:
- The following Host Name was requested from a host database:
- There was registered attempt to establish connection with the remote host. The connection details are:
|Remote Host||Port Number|
- There was application-defined hook procedure installed into the hook chain (e.g. to monitor keystrokes). The installed hook is handled by the following module:
- %ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
- %ProgramFiles% is a variable that refers to the Program Files folder. A typical path is C:\Program Files.
|Outbound traffic (potentially malicious)|
- There was an outbound traffic produced on port 1604:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2018 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.